Life in San Francisco as perceived by a hometown girl, teacher, nanny, artist and klutz
Ideas for something blue.
Because apparently I can’t escape weddings. I was asked to be in my friends wedding next June so I suppose here I am again back in wedding mode.
(not that I mind too much)
Wedding Cake Envy 25
(I feel like the Bumgarner’s would be all for this cake)
You’ve been my brother for the last 22.5 years and it’s been awesome.
You’ve let me play with all your toys, including but not limited to your jurassic park dinosaurs/cars/people from the movie and your legos (even if that meant I had to give you all the jewel sparkly pieces, the tiles, and any of the other pieces you deemed to cool for me to play with).
You’ve tolerated all my nicknames for you:
- Davie (Davie Crocket King of the Wild Frontier) - honestly I’ve never understood why you didn’t like that one
- Dave - BORING
- Fuzzy - seriously don’t know where that one came from but it stuck for years
- Rocket - Rocket, Rocket Ross. This one has been the best. Thanks for letting my stick with it.
You’ve stood by me when I needed your support - even for the stupid little things. You’ve talked sense into me when I’m being nothing short of idiot.
You have been an incredible older brother and I’m lucky you’re mine. I can’t believe that today I am standing next to your fiance and then later signing as your witness on your wedding certificate.
I love you. Congratulations.
Ideas I love: Wedding Edition.
- Perfect cake topper.
- Birthday guestbook: Fun! You will never forget peoples birthdays again.
- Wedding Scavenger Hunt: Great way to keep every one thoroughly entertained.
- Memorabilia guest book: If you’re like me you save EVERYTHING semi-sentimental so this would probably be my quest book in the near future. What a fun way to show off your relationship in an lovely organized way.
- Golden snitch proposal necklace: Seriously whoever thought of this was a genius. I would say yes if someone gave me that.
- SPARKLERS for your guests: So so so many memories from various Forth of July’s as a child revolve around sparklers. So lovely.
- Paper flowers: What a cute, sweet way to recycle old books. They could easily be made from other types of paper as well.
- Lego boutonniere: no words. This is so perfect.
My older brother is getting married this week.
As such there is a theme for the week.
But wow my brother is getting married this week. I know he is older than me but I really never believed that he would get married before me.
Just, you know, what I’m sure I’ll be like at my brother’s wedding Friday.
holy crap my brother’s wedding is on Friday.